With a passion for racing, we've created a program specifically to support race car clientele in the USA. The service is not intended for a street driven vehicle. If the vehicle is in the USA, and has a license plate with current emission tags, then our E-tune program is not for you.
Welcome to one of the top industry leaders in E-mail tuning, also referred to as E-Tuning. Our maps are a culmination of extensive dyno and track tuning efforts from over a decade of experience. It all began when we became COBB's first Arizona ProTuner in 2005. Since then, our tuning efforts have shifted to a global scale, yet we ensure each customer receives 'the personal touch' as if they were here in our home town, Boulder, Colorado. Whether you're in need for a high altitude tune, or one that won't detonate the hot desert, we have you covered. Don't forget to click on the various tabs to read more about the tuning process: FAQ, Tuning Background, ETC.
How the E-Tune Process Works
1. Speed Density Yes or No
If the vehicle has a standard intake setup with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) meter, then select NO. If you desire a tune that includes Speed Density support, whether it be full SD (no MAF), or Hybrid MAF w/ SD, then select YES from the drop down menu during purchase. If you are uncertain which setup you have then feel free to send us an email or call to verify. The majority of cars we tune will answer NO to this option.
For online orders, fill out and include the following details in the 'Special Instructions' section (found in the shopping 'Cart' not on the 'Checkout Page').
Miles on Motor:
Miles on Odometer:
Transmission: 5MT, 6MT, or AT
Fuel Type: 91, 92, 93, 94, e85, ETC.
Software: Accessport v2 , v3, or Open Source?
Modifications: Include brand and size when applicable. Example: Cobb 1050x CC Injectors.
3. Data Log
With the client's provided vehicle information, we will send the 1st map as well as detailed instructions for testing. Using your AP or Open Source software, you will data log the vehicle. Once the data logs are completed, the requested files will need to be sent back via e-mail for review.
4. Review Data Logs
After we receive the log files we will begin the review process of the log files. Based on this data we are able to make additional adjustments to the ECU file. This revised map will then be sent back by email.
We will repeat Steps 3 and 4 until a final map is generated. On average, a finalized map is reached between 5-8 attempts. Now keep in mind, we're not here to hurry along the tune process. If the tuning process takes more than 5 revisions, then so be it. Our goal is a well rounded tune with an overall positive experience. Based on our tuning history, our first map is almost always guaranteed to start and run the motor. There is of course the exception where mechanical or electrical gremlins exist.
Map Credits Explained
- 1st Tuning Credit is valid for 60 days from date of purchase and is for only 1 fuel type. During the 60 days, the car must maintain the same owner and modifications and fuel type. If a client were to install a larger turbo at day 30 then their initial tuning credit would expire and a new Repeat Client credit would need to be purchased, found in this link.
- After the purchase of the 1st turning credit, all future credits are offered at a heavily discounted rate. This applies to the lifetime that you own the vehicle. This offer is non transferrable to new owners, nor new vehicles. Example: Client John Q completes an e-tune in 2016 and wishes to upgrade his fuel system (injectors) in 2020. The cost to retune the vehicle is $250 and a new 60 day tuning period will begin.
*Price subject to change. Please check website for current Repeat Client tune rates
- Alternations to the modification list, while in the middle of the tuning process, will require the purchase of a Repeat Clients tuning credit unless pre-authorization is received from our Tuner, Stephen Clark.
- A Break-in Tune is considered a separate credit from a Performance Tune credit and is used to tune an engine with brand new internals (pistons, cams, ETC). The Break-in tune has extensive focus on the drivability segment of the tune and foregoes any full throttle testing.
- FLEX Fuel tunes require a total of 2 credits. The 2nd credit would be purchased at the Repeat Client rate and could be purchased during or just after the 1st fuel type is tuned. Do not edit the modifications between the fuel types or this will require going back and redoing the original 1st fuel type map (new Repeat Client credit required).
- For vehicle safety and intellectual property reasons, Accessport maps may only be opened by our in-house Certified ProTuner. Also referred to as Locked.
Tuning Back Ground
Our experience stems past the Dyno and includes world-renowned race track testing. We are one of the few USA based Tuners to physically travel to, and tune on, highly regarded tracks such as Nurburgring and Hockenheimring. Beyond race tracks, our E-Tune program has spanned the World to Australia, UAE, Alaska, Africa, Europe, South America, and beyond. Despite the distance, we continue to treat every customer with what matters most, respect. When the time comes, consider iA-Performance for your Subaru tuning needs.
Don't forget to click on the various tabs to read more about additional tuning items; Trouble Shooting, Supported Parts, & Videos.
Our highly skilled Cobb Certified tuner not only has the knowledge of tuning, but also has a Subaru mechanic background stemming back to 2002. If issues arise, as they often do, he will be able to walk you through trouble shooting ideas and steps. This is a service hard to find amongst the tuning community. A bit of advise to all turbo charged customers, be prepared to perform a "Boost Leak Test." Hit up google for various How-To tutorials on this test
Our experience covers, but is not limited to the setups below. Feel free to contact us to find out for certain if an E-tune will work with your setup. For our USA clients, our tuning service is only available for RACE TRACK prepared vehicles only, and is never intended for street driven registered vehicles.
- WRX 2002-present day
- STi 2004-present day
- Forester XT 2004-present
- Legacy Outback GT and XT 2004-present
- Baja XT - Open Source only (which we can tune), not supported by Cobb Accessport
- Non USA market ej205, ej207, ej257 with Cobb Accessport or Open Source
- Cobb AccessPORT (version 2 or 3) Or
- Open Source (OS)- ECU Flash, Romraider, or similar programs plus a Tactrix Cable. Note OS customers will need to send a copy of their current ROM (stock or modified is fine) to firstname.lastname@example.org after purchasing the e-tune
Although there are variations between brands and sizes of turbos, we offer support for any and all turbos on the market. Below is a sampling of popular ones we tune.
- td04 & td04 19t
- IHI turbos (examples: vf 22, 23, 30, 34, 36, 37, 39, 42, 48, 52, ETC)
- Borge Warner Series
- Blouch Turbo
- Forced Performance
- And More...
- External (recirculation and dump to atmosphere)
- Vehicles equipped with larger than stock injectors will require the use of a wide band air fuel gauge
- 87-120 octane, Leaded, Unleaded
- Ethanal fuel between 0-85 (AKA e85) , this includes Flex Fuel Kits from Cobb Tuning
- Methanol Injection
- Preferred brands are: Subaru OEM, Injector Dynamics, Fuel Injector Clinic, COBB Tuning. Other supported brands are: Deatschwerks, Perrin. Known problematic brands that we try to avoid are: Power Enterprise, JECs, Five-o.
- All Subaru 2.0L, 2.1L, 2.2L, 2.35L, 2.5L, 2.6L turbocharged engines (EJ and FA)
- Frankenstein motors, 2.5L short block with 2.0L heads (popular 02-05 WRX option)
- JDM swaps with ej205, ej207, ej205x, ej205y. Pretty much any and all we can tune.
Our experience covers, but is not limited to, the following environment conditions
- Sea Level to 12,000 feet
- Below freezing to triple digit summer temperatures
Flex Fuel Tuning via Cobb Accessport
As one of the early adapters of Flex Fuel, we offer tuning support for the entire Cobb Tuning FLEX fuel line. We do not offer flex fuel tuning through Open Source.
Speed Density Tuning via Cobb Accessport
Speed density tuning is supported for vehicles containing the proper equipment.
- Cobb Accessport
- External IAT sensor, or blow through MAF
- Wide band air fuel ratio gauge
Feel free to contact us for additional questions. We do not offer Speed density tuning through Open Source.
The following videos offer an in depth look at installing the Version 2 and Version 3 Accessports. Thanks goes out to Cobb as well as RallySport Direct for the videos.
How to Data Log