Our AVCS deletion kit offers a reversible solution for vehicles with AVCS replacement engine, but are running the engine with a non AVCS ECU. Reason being, without deleting AVCS, the timing advance will be slightly retarded when coupled with a nonAVCS ECU. This timing issue leads to:
- Delayed torque delivery
- Added turbo lag, which is very noticeable on the AVCS 2.0L engines
The kit works on ej205/207 and ej255/257 motors with "single" AVCS, which means AVCS is only on the intake cam shafts and not on the exhaust cams.
Our AVCS delete kit includes:
(1) Loctite Threadlocker Red 0.5ml
(8) Stainless Steel Set Screws 10-32 x 1/4"
(1) Tap and Drill Set 10-32
(2) Subaru OE cam seals 806732160
The following parts are required to complete the deletion, but are not included. They are often scavenged from the prior engine and are factory parts found on the 2002-2005 WRX non AVCS type:
- (1) Non AVCS Right Intake cam gear, 13044AA061
- (1) Non AVCS Left Intake cam gear, 13055AA070
- (2) Cam gear bolts, 13199AA010